PocketPerion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AB Build Guide

4 posters

Go down

AB Build Guide Empty AB Build Guide

Post by minadein Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:16 am

Note - these guides are primarily for manual combat builds. For a guide on AFK builds, see the appropriate thread

I didn't find much info on Maplestory Pocket, so I figured I'll translate some of the JMSP guides.
All credits to 【公認】メイポケ攻略&交流サイト【メイプルストーリーポケット】

The Guide

This guide hinges on two key skills of the Angelic Burster: Soul Resonance and Finale Ribbon.
Both of these skills (3rd job skills) have massive AOE.
Enemies damaged by Finale Ribbon take more subsequent damage, and Soul Resonance also grants temporary immunity.
The drawback of this build is that you'll have little SP left over for passives and buffs. You'll need to decide where to spend the spare SP based on your playstyle.

If you're looking to auto-combat all the time, you could also invest more SP in passives, with a view to reset at a later stage.

SP distribution up to level 40

AB Build Guide Ab4010

The active skills (Star Bubble and Lovely Sting) are raised to meet the minimum requirements of your Job 2 skills.
Pink Pummel is a great utility skill, so get 1 point in it. You can push mobs, and it also makes you immune briefly.
Investing some points in the passives goes a long way (the big bump in DEX from Beautiful Soul is hard to pass by).
Save the rest of your SP.

SP distribution up to level 70

AB Build Guide Ab7010

Again, we're investing the minimum SP here. Save the rest (it's a bit of a grind, let me tell you, but it's worth it).

SP distribution up to level 150

AB Build Guide Ab15010

Now that you've gotten your 3rd job, spend your SP away!!!
It's recommended you put 1 point into Soul Resonance first, and then max Finale Ribbon.
Remember to push and HOLD for Soul Resonance.

Now, onto some recommended passives:

AB Build Guide Ab150_10

Soul Shooter Expert gives you a massive boost in firepower.
The prerequisites are kept at a minimum.

At this point, you will have about 71 SP left over.
This is where the consensus seems to break down on what to do.

You could look at either:

Investing more in passive skills (the affinities, or the soul shooter expert prerequisites)
Investing in offensive buffs (Dragon whistle)
Investing in defensive buffs (Iron blossom, melody cross)

Depending on which skills you want, you may choose to spend some SP early on (pre-level 70) to speed up the early game, rather than saving the SP.

The Alternative Leveling Build

As seen in the above guide, when you want to max both Resonance and Finale Ribbon, there's not much SP left over.
This means there will be little to no SP invested in strong early game skills.
This alternative build assumes you're looking to invest in the early game, allowing you to level very quickly.
However, this also assumes you plan to spend candy to reset your SP later on (~level 130).

The two key skills focused here will be Heavenly Crash (2nd Job) and Soul Resonance (3rd Job).

Leveling Build - SP distribution up to level 40

AB Build Guide Ab40a10

The skills from your 1st Job is similar to before. However, you want to keep Star Bubble at its minimum (5) for Pink Pummel.
Pink Pummel should be invested to at least 20. If you are getting good value out of this skill, you can max it. Otherwise, spend the rest on Lovely Sting.

Leveling Build - SP distribution after level 40

AB Build Guide Ab70a10

Massive damage. No need to recharge. Although lacking in vertical range, this skill is arguably the strongest and most versatile 2nd Job skill for AB.
So long as you're getting 1 hit KOs against mobs, you can invest in some of the passives first before maxing this skill.

AB Build Guide Ab70a_10

The investment here is to get to Greater Affinity - which gives a massive boost to DEX and Defense.

Partway through Greater Affinity, you should hit Level 70.
Although Heavenly Crash opens up the 3rd Job skill Celestial Roar, Soul Resonance is the preferred lategame skill.
Celestial Roar is quick to execute, but its damage is not very impressive.
Your maxed Heavenly Crash will serve your needs until you get Soul Resonance, which is much more useful against bosses.

AB Build Guide Ab150a10

Again, 1 point in Soul Resonance gives you most of what you need.
Heavenly Crash should still be your main source of damage, but use Resonance to kill any mobs that are harder to reach.
Now it's time to improve your passives again:

AB Build Guide Ab150a11

After this point, you should slowly raise Soul Resonance.
Eventually, you'll find that Heavenly Crash becomes less effective. It's up to you to make a call on when to reset your SP.

Stat Distribution

The AB's primary stat is DEX, which greatly increases attack.
Her secondary stat is STR, which greatly increases defense.

There are a few common stat distributions to choose from - pick one that suits your playstyle:

Full Dex

The glass cannon build. High attack and low defense, this build requires a lot of upgrades to your armour.
Not very suited to auto-combat.

2 Dex : 1 Str

A more balanced build, with a little lower attack but some much needed defense.
Good for both auto-combat and manual combat.

Full Str

The full auto-combat build. Skills and upgrades to improve accuracy will be needed.
This is a popular build to auto-combat all the way to lategame, then using candy to reset the stats.

So, that's about it for now.
I might put in a bit more detail later.

Hope you get something out of this.
minadein
minadein

Character
IGN:
Class: Beginner
Level: 1

Back to top Go down

AB Build Guide Empty Re: AB Build Guide

Post by Tw1nkleT0es Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:46 pm

Nice build! Can you please compare it to this one? I know they're similar I just wana pick the best one.

http://pocketmaplestoryforum.com/threads/angelic-buster.69/
Tw1nkleT0es
Tw1nkleT0es

Back to top Go down

Post by toff Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:50 pm

Getting Greater Affinity passive to lvl 10 is MANDATORY in my opinion. that's 100DEX, super cruicial for any build.
toff
toff

http://www.edju.co

Back to top Go down

Post by minadein Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:11 pm

Tw1nkleT0es wrote:Nice build! Can you please compare it to this one? I know they're similar I just wana pick the best one.

The builds are identical at least until lvl 115...

It's personal preference from there, although in like 95% of the builds I've seen, you'll end up getting Affinity (x3) anyway.
If you choose to get Affinity (x3), you might want to get it early on (before lvl 70), as the +100 Dex is very noticeable and the +10% DEF is useful.

minadein
minadein

Character
IGN:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tw1nkleT0es Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:45 pm

minadein wrote:
Tw1nkleT0es wrote:Nice build! Can you please compare it to this one? I know they're similar I just wana pick the best one.

The builds are identical at least until lvl 115...

It's personal preference from there, although in like 95% of the builds I've seen, you'll end up getting Affinity (x3) anyway.
If you choose to get Affinity (x3), you might want to get it early on (before lvl 70), as the +100 Dex is very noticeable and the +10% DEF is useful.

Wow I didnt even realize that hahaha. okay well that makes life easy for me!
Tw1nkleT0es
Tw1nkleT0es

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuvillo Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:56 pm

What would be the optimal build if you were to reset your SP at the start of third job?
Tuvillo
Tuvillo

Back to top Go down

Post by minadein Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:43 pm

That is an odd time to reset SP.

If you had mostly passives for an auto combat build, then you can still continue that post job 3 without reset. You will only need to change at a much higher level.

If instead you put points into active skills, then again, keep using those skills. Unless you have wasted points in skills you dont use, then there is litle benefit of resetting.

In most cases you only reset SP when your build becomes unviable. This typically happens when you set foot in mushroom kingdom.
minadein
minadein

Character
IGN:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuvillo Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:26 am

I maxed out Sting and use it for everything, and am currently maxing all my first job Mastery skills to simply improve damage. I'm around level 60 with no SP saved up because I intended on resetting. xD I just figured that like in the original Maplestory, your first job skills are likely to become inferior to other options the further you go on.
Tuvillo
Tuvillo

Back to top Go down

Post by minadein Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:09 am

Right, I see what you've done.

Maxing sting isn't too bad, since 20 points are required anyway on the way to resonance.
Maxing Soul Shooter Mastery is good for auto-combat builds, so that's that.

It all depends on what you want to do from lvl 70 to lvl 130.
If you plan on auto-combat most of the time, I wouldn't bother to reset SP. Just keep putting more points into passives.
If you want to use active skills, you should just go straight for ribbon and resonance.
minadein
minadein

Character
IGN:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuvillo Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:39 am

Yeah, I'm full DEX and I never autobattle. (I'm in it for nostalgia and because I genuinely enjoy Maple gameplay)

So I focus on Ribbon, Resonance, and everything I need before that to get them?
Tuvillo
Tuvillo

Back to top Go down

Post by minadein Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:47 am

Yup, minimum in the prerequisites.
It's good to level up both ribbon and resonance in parallel, since they're useful for different purposes.
If you're pure dex, then getting affinity (x3) may be good after those two skills. The 10% def bonus is noticeable.

One other useful skill you should consider is 1 point in pink pummel. It's great to group up mobs for your AOE.
minadein
minadein

Character
IGN:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuvillo Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:27 am

Yeah, I currently have 1 in that. It's very similar to what I remember from Maplestory before. (Similar to Brawler style)
Tuvillo
Tuvillo

Back to top Go down

Post by Desdemonah Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:34 pm

Currently have a lvl 45 AB, I am wanting to be able to do boss farming and dungeon farming later on. I spend a lot of time working, or sleeping so I intend to auto combat most of my lvls. However I still want to be able to take bosses, I am a F2P, what would be your recommendation for this?? If I have to delete and recreate my character, I will. At such a low lvl, getting back to 45 is nothing
Desdemonah

Back to top Go down

Post by minadein Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:52 pm

When you say F2P, do you intend on not resetting at all?
That is the route I took on my main, but auto combat is not as efficient.

The ribbon resonance build should be the best way to go if you dont plan on resetting. You should consider investing in affinity x3 early on, for both the dex and def since you auto a lot.

What stat build do you have?
minadein
minadein

Character
IGN:

Back to top Go down

Post by Desdemonah Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:14 am

I do not plan on resetting later on, would like to not spend any money if at all possible and live on what they give us for free. Currently doing the balanced build of 2/1 Dex....I have noticed that I can't take hits at all really....but I survive due to my hp steal gear.
Desdemonah

Back to top Go down

Post by minadein Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:28 am

Well if you dont want to reset, and want a late game boss build, then resonance and ribbon are what you want.

Considering you want to auto combat a lot, you may want to get affinity x3 early on (during job 2). The added defence should help your grind.

If you haven't already, you should make all your equipment at least magic grade by fusing the first craftable equipment.
minadein
minadein

Character
IGN:

Back to top Go down

Post by Desdemonah Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:44 pm

I went ahead and deleted and remade my AB, my skills were all wrong. I agree, I decided to go ahead and go the route of ribbon and essence. What I have been doing for grinding is doing the phone flip trick....it isn't as much experience per hour but it is safe.

I started off doing 2/1 Dex, soon I am going to do some Luk just for the crit bonus, then after that I will go all strength...

When I switch over to Luk I will do 2 Luk and 1 Str until Luk is at 60 base, then full Str from there on.

I figure this gives me extra damage from the crits, it gives me the Dex for Survivability. And then in the end it gives me the Str for damage at late game and boss farming.
Desdemonah

Back to top Go down

Post by minadein Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:37 pm

Remember, for ABs DEX is for ATK and STR is for DEF.

Survivability means pure/high STR build.
If you do go down this route, then its almost mandatory to get greater affinity asap, as you need the DEX for the accuracy.
minadein
minadein

Character
IGN:

Back to top Go down

Post by Desdemonah Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:03 pm

That's what I meant. Currently I am doing 2 Dex 1 Str....I am going to up my Str later a little more for survivability, but going Dex for dmg primarily. I want to be able to dish damage later but still be able to survive a few hits as needed
Desdemonah

Back to top Go down

Post by Desdemonah Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:00 pm

Just hit 70 on my AB, got Trinity, Resonance and Ribbon, about to kill Tae Roon and move past Mu Lung
Desdemonah

Back to top Go down

Post by Desdemonah Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:55 am

He keeps kicking my ass though. Uugghh need more lvls to gain more strength and try again. Almost had him a few times, but he got a couple lucky hits in
Desdemonah

Back to top Go down

Post by Desdemonah Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:11 pm

Lvl 100 now, in Orbis, about to do the main quests and go to the next area
Desdemonah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down