PocketPerion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MapleStory M

Go down

MapleStory M Empty MapleStory M

Post by Delsephine Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:36 am

This has already been released in Korea right? I've been trying to find some info about it, but there isn't much. I'm sure more would turn up if I searched in Korean.

Anyway, from what I can tell, it's supposed to be a fully MMO port-ish type thing of the real MapleStory? As in, you can interact with others outside of towns, trade, and all that jazz?

If this is true, I might just wait until it gets a Global release instead of wasting time or cash on PMS. Judging by the history of past MapleStory attempts at mobile games, they tend not to last very long before they fade into obscurity and get shutdown.

One thing I did notice from the couple videos I could find was that it appears to have some sort of Energy system, judging by the yellow bar with a lightning bolt symbol displayed below the MP bar. Energy systems are horrible, atrocious things and companies really need to stop using them just to milk players out of their money.

What I'm asking is this, should I stick with PMS or just hold out for MSM Global? I do enjoy the true MMO aspects that MSM seems to have, but PMS seems highly unbalanced what with getting past 130 being ridiculous and the utterly p2w aspects of the Dojo.

I wish I had a damn PC so I could just play the real MapleStory. ;-;
Delsephine

Back to top Go down

MapleStory M Empty Re: MapleStory M

Post by altcode Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:31 am

PMS seems to be the only global launch we're gonna see of a mobile Maplestory game like Maplestory M. The only reason I say that is because it is nearly identical to the Korean versions in the maps, characters, skills, etc. From the Facebook page to the in-game texts and events, it seems VERY underfunded. I can just imagine one small development team who only has like one conference room to their name trying so hard to make PMS work.
I don't think Nexon is confident in a global MMO market. The Korean market seems to be a good home for these games but other parts of the world don't have the same response to the mobile MMO unless they've already been exposed to Maplestory in another form. Just my speculation, but the Korean PMS also has a much different cash system (ie. no VIP). Global apps need to make money, basically. If Nexon can't get the players to put money into PMS then it can't hold globally. The smaller Korean market is a lot easier to deal with on a client-to-server basis and probably requires much less in terms of costs to keep the game running.

This is all just my speculation. They could come out with a global release but if PMS is their test run, it's obvious they aren't giving it the attention it deserves. I mean come on, just look at the latest Facebook event. Did someones 5 year old draw that?

Queasy I just feel really bad for the team who is frantically trying to please this playerbase. You can tell they're trying hard. If PMS doesn't do well globally, I doubt we'll get to see a Maplestory M-Global.
altcode
altcode

Character
IGN: Zarahi
Class: Angelic Buster
Level: 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Delsephine Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:04 am

Nexon is a pretty garbage company anyway, at least the NA branch is. Is GPMS run by Nexon NA? I sometimes wish I lived in Asia just for the damn games. The Asian versions (KR, JP, Malaysian, etc.) are always better than the NA versions, probably because America is the consumerist capital of the world and everyone here is greedy as hell.

Once AQ3D and Torchlight Mobile release, I'll probably drop every other game I own for them.
Delsephine

Back to top Go down

Post by altcode Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:32 am

I *think* GPMS was published by Nexon Korea but I don't know how much influence they have on the mechanics and cash systems. :/
altcode
altcode

Character
IGN: Zarahi
Class: Angelic Buster
Level: 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down