Let's get CRITICAL!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Let's get CRITICAL!

Post by minadein on Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:26 pm

I think thats the point.
Cant have one stat boost everything.
Anyway, not completely useless if it boosts your crit rate. Maybe just keep your magic/rare+ grade gear that has int.

Edit - by the way, how often do you crit?
minadein

Character
IGN:
Class: Beginner
Level: 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyas2000 on Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:36 pm

Just tested it. I crit ROUGHLY 40% of the time
Tyas2000

Back to top Go down

Post by minadein on Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Yeah, that definitely rules out luk.

I might test it out a bit more later, but ill have to make a db.
minadein

Character
IGN:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyas2000 on Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:07 pm

Love how I'm the testing dummy because nobody else spec'd mostly luck DB ;P
Tyas2000

Back to top Go down

Post by pcakes on Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:24 am

Kind of a side question -- might be basic knowledge? / I'm pretty clueless about technicalities

Do the occasional pretty much one-hit KO damages (for instance, as a 142 DS I'll sometimes hit 40k+ in one normal swing) also count as critical? Just curious, since they don't show up as 'critical red' colored, but I do seem to be getting them more often after having increased luk.

edit: went and tried to get them a bunch of times to test whether I was just making things up in my own mind haha - it's pretty equal to about the highest damage possible I get off a critical RS, but it just doesn't show up as red, and it's from a normal attack. error? or an actual thing...
pcakes

Character
IGN: pattycakes
Class: DS
Level: 143

Back to top Go down

Post by cloud on Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:07 am

@Tyas2000 wrote:Just tested it. I crit ROUGHLY 40% of the time

In regards to the Crit Rating % formula let's make it very simple for everyone interested in obtaining 100% Crit Rate. The math becomes very simple if you DO NOT have Skills % that increases your Crit Rate.

Simply put, take your desired crit % subtract it by the Crit Rate on your hat and you'll get the unknown desired value.

For example:
I'm a level 92 DB with 0 crit skills. My hat is 10. INT would be 90 for desired 100% crit.

The Math does become a little more interesting if you take skills into account, but it shouldn't be too difficult. Thorns will be your skills Crit Rate % once you hit 6th advancement. Use wolfram or similar sites to formulate your unknown desired value (INT).

Note: I plan on verifying if INT is in fact the stat for obtaining higher crit rate for DB this weekend. Will keep posted.
cloud

Back to top Go down

Post by minadein on Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:32 am

@pcakes wrote:Kind of a side question -- might be basic knowledge? / I'm pretty clueless about technicalities

Do the occasional pretty much one-hit KO damages (for instance, as a 142 DS I'll sometimes hit 40k+ in one normal swing) also count as critical? Just curious, since they don't show up as 'critical red' colored, but I do seem to be getting them more often after having increased luk.

edit: went and tried to get them a bunch of times to test whether I was just making things up in my own mind haha - it's pretty equal to about the highest damage possible I get off a critical RS, but it just doesn't show up as red, and it's from a normal attack. error? or an actual thing...

Its the basic skill curse. 1% chance to auto kill non bosses. +5% from vengeance.
minadein

Character
IGN:

Back to top Go down

Post by pcakes on Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:33 am

ahhh Curse of Fury. Forgot all about it, thanks!
pcakes

Character
IGN: pattycakes
Class: DS
Level: 143

Back to top Go down

Post by minadein on Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:42 am

@cloud wrote:

In regards to the Crit Rating % formula let's make it very simple for everyone interested in obtaining 100% Crit Rate. The math becomes very simple if you DO NOT have Skills % that increases your Crit Rate.

Simply put, take your desired crit % subtract it by the Crit Rate on your hat and you'll get the unknown desired value.

For example:
I'm a level 92 DB with 0 crit skills. My hat is 10. INT would be 90 for desired 100% crit.

The Math does become a little more interesting if you take skills into account, but it shouldn't be too difficult. Thorns will be your skills Crit Rate % once you hit 6th advancement. Use wolfram or similar sites to formulate your unknown desired value (INT).

Note: I plan on verifying if INT is in fact the stat for obtaining higher crit rate for DB this weekend. Will keep posted.

Yeah it would be good to have it confirmed.
We do know its not luck.

Be aware that lategame gear has better stats, too.
For reference - I have the following for DB:
Lvl 130 hat with 15 critical rate
Lvl 140 hat with 17 critical rate
Lvl 150 hat with 18 critical rate
Lvl 150 belt with 14 int
minadein

Character
IGN:

Back to top Go down

Post by cloud on Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:52 am

@minadein wrote:
@cloud wrote:

For example:

Yeah it would be good to have it confirmed.
We do know its not luck.

Be aware that lategame gear has better stats, too.
For reference - I have the following for DB:
Lvl 130 hat with 15 critical rate
Lvl 140 hat with 17 critical rate
Lvl 150 hat with 18 critical rate
Lvl 150 belt with 14 int

We can in fact rule out both DEX and LUK for DB's since I currently have 212 DEX and 120 LUK. I would say I crit roughly 15% of the time, which goes in line with what I currently have. So this leaves STR and INT. I'm leaning towards INT.
cloud

Back to top Go down

Post by iHyunDHP on Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:01 pm

Got really bored and messed with stats for all three jobs. For DB it is confirmed int is for crit rate. My DB is only level 69 and has crappy equips with that in mind to crit 100% of the time my base int is 160. My 117 DS has 140 luk with no equips. Lastly my 107 AB has 100 luk with no equips. This is just for people wanting to crit without anything and who are lazy to do math.
iHyunDHP

Back to top Go down

Post by minadein on Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:34 pm

Thanks, that is awesome.

Looks like AB get the best deal...

AB - LUK:CR of 1:1
DS - LUK:CR of 7:5
DB - INT:CR of 8:5

minadein

Character
IGN:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derp on Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:52 pm

I think it's safe to assume that LUK will work for Kaizer in the same way it works for Demon slayer.

Last edited by Derp on Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Derp
Admin

Character
IGN: Derpamine
Class: Angelic Buster
Level: 139

Back to top Go down

Post by minadein on Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:02 pm

You mean LUK. It's LUK for DS.

But yeah, it will probably be the same.
minadein

Character
IGN:

Back to top Go down

Post by abdresc16 on Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:02 pm

Soo in conclution, which one, LUK or INT give CRIT for kaisers?
abdresc16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top